USTA Junior Team Tennis Player Captain Information
Now’s Your Chance to Be a Leader While Earning GSTEF Community Service Hours
All JTT teams will have Captains
Starting this session, all JTT teams will have one player captain or two player co-captains to help develop team camaraderie and unity.
What Makes a Good JTT Player Captain?
Good leadership ability, positive attitude, supportive of all teammates, works hard at his or her game, volunteer service to GSTEF for community service hours.
How to Apply?
Applications are due Friday, March 29, 2013. A committee will choose the captains or co- captains for the teams. Up to 24 captains may be chosen.
Player Captain Responsibilities
- Help build JTT teams by recruiting your friends
- Helping coaches at practices and match play
- Picking up balls, putting equipment away
- Ideas on how to motivate the team
Community Service Responsibilities
Some opportunities for community service include:
- Volunteer at 10-And-Under Match Play Days and Tournaments
- Work with USTA Tournament Director by being Line Monitors at Level 5 tournaments
- Mentor a 10-And-Under JTT Team, which will include your name in their team’s name
- Help at the JTT Open House, April 21
- Help at GSTEF JTT Sectional Championships, Aug. 16-18
If you complete a minimum of 20 hours of service to GSTEF:
- You will receive a letter that you can present to your school to help fulfill your community service requirement.
- You will also receive a certificate from USTA Mid-Atlantic Section.
- You will receive an official GSTEF Player Captain Tee Shirt
- You will be recognized at the USTA JTT Sectional Championships in August
- You will receive a $25 Green Spring Racquet Club Gift Card