Cockeysville Recreation Council GSTEF Weekly Summer Tennis Camp Program at County Home Tennis Courts, June 24 - August 7, 2014
County Home Tennis Courts
9841 Greenside Drive ◊ Cockeysville, MD
(Next to the Cockeysville Library)
Kids Ages 5 through 15
There are 4 weekly camp sessions, each three days of tennis camp:
June 24, 25, 26
July 22, 23, 24
July 29, 30, 31
August 5, 6, 7
Camp is from 10 am to noon
Prices are $50 for each session.
All campers must fill out a Registration Form and include a check made out to CRC, and mail to GSTEF at the address listed below. No refunds or makeups.
Summer Camp Program Daily Activities
- Campers should arrive by 9:45 am, to begin promptly at 10 am.
- Warm up with cardiovascular exercises and stretching.
- Campers will be exposed to the fundamentals of tennis play, including stroke production, serving, sportsmanship skills, and the strategy of the game.
- Pickup is at noon.
What you Need to Bring to Camp Each Day
- A water bottle and a small snack.
- Sun block should be applied before camp.
- Sunglasses, visor, or cap.
- Make sure campers have court sneakers – running sneakers can cause injuries!
- Don’t bring valuables to camp. The camp is not responsible for lost personal possessions.
- Bring your tennis racquet, but we can provide a limited number of racquets
Our summer camp program is designed for beginners through intermediate junior tennis players. Our curriculum will motivate campers to develop the fundamental skills they need to become tennis players. Whether it be teaching hand eye coordination or serious athletic training, we emphasize the development of a positive mental attitude along with lots of fun!
Campers are grouped into skill levels. For younger aged campers, our USTA 10-And-Under Tennis Program is geared for ages 5 through 10.
GSTEF hires certified tennis professionals from Green Spring Racquet Club. Their unique combination of tennis instruction, overall fitness training, and match play is the key to learning and getting better at tennis!
What is Official USTA 10-And-Under Tennis?
10-And-Under tennis is a fun and innovative program where kids see immediate progress, making them more confident and enthusiastic about continuing to play. From the very first hour on the court, kids start to learn proper stroke form. This is real tennis that eliminates intimidating barriers by matching a child’s motor skills, age and size with appropriately scaled equipment, court dimensions, net height and simplified scoring.
Rainy Day Policy
If rain is expected, please visit www.GSTEF.org to see if camp will be held indoors at Green Spring Racquet Club, 10803 Falls Road, Lutherville, MD 21093, 410-821-5683
Green Spring Tennis and Educational Foundation, a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) organization